Last week was a bad week for new research, but it was quite a good week for organising. I am pleased to say that I achieved pretty much what I set out to do with regard to sorting out my digital files and folders.
I am just putting the finishing touches to sorting out the BATEMAN surname folder, and that just leaves me with the two big ones, GEERING and GASSON. At the moment the GEERINGs are going to be the next major project, really an ongoing project, so I think this week I will focus on getting the GASSON surname folder sorted and then work on the GEERING surname folder in the following week, as I start to get back into researching the Hailsham branch of the GEERING family.
There are two other things I would like to try and do this week. Firstly, it is almost half-way through the year, so it is about time I went back and revisited some of the to-do items that I set myself at the end of last year. I need to make sure I am on track to get those completed.
Secondly, I need to start going through my newly organised surname folders in parallel with my Family Historian software and start defining some goals to take my research forward. Some will be very specific, such as finding a particular baptism record, whilst some will be quite general, such as finding out what happened to the siblings of a particular ancestor.