There seems to have been little time for genealogy last week. My job hunting continues with little success, although last week was more positive than previous weeks.
I don’t seem to have got much family history done, I seem to have been on a genealogical wind-down after Who Do You Think You Are? Live last weekend. I have made some significant discoveries this week, in Henfield churchyard and the West Sussex Record Office.
Gloucestershire records have occupied much of my time, and in particular my search for Winchcombe parish registers. Pub history didn’t get a look-in this week, and my take a back seat for a while.
This week I have a lot of information to get sorted out, not only what I gathered at the West Sussex Record Office, but also some family documents and photos uncovered by my father that need scanning.
- Continue working through my digital files updating Family Historian and sorting out folders and standardising my filenames.
- Scan the ‘new’ family documents and photos.
- Sort through the information gathered at West Sussex Record Office and integrate it into my database.
- Review my GEERING research in light of the latest information from the West Sussex Record Office.
- I haven’t ordered my monthly ration of birth, marriage and death certificates yet. I need to decide who gets my money this month.
- I would like to create a catalogue of my old maps collection, I love maps, both old and new, and often find old copies available cheaply, but have trouble remembering which ones I already have, so I need a list.