More of the same I am afraid this week. I am still struggling to find real focus in my research, and I think that is the way it will stay whilst I am sorting through my folders.
The only exception seems to be the GEERING family and the book by Thomas GEERING. His book seems to mention my ancestors, even if a connection with Thomas himself can’t be found, but I need to find more evidence to prove this.
My visit to the Pub History Society Conference has encouraged me to get more actively involved in pub history research again. I am not quite sure how this will manifest itself, I have at least one unfinished project on my shelf, and I had several ideas that I never developed, as well as several family connections.
- Continue working through my digital files updating Family Historian and sorting out folders and standardising my filenames.
- Create a research plan for the GEERINGs of Hailsham, and see what options I have for further research.
- Make my final preparations for Who Do You Think You Are? Live next weekend.
- Brainstorm some ideas on doing some more pub history research and getting it published (another blog?)
- I must make a final effort to get myself interested in researching the BATEMAN family from Gloucestershire, so far they just haven’t hooked me. I think I need to take a step back and not blame the BATEMANs for not being interesting, but rather work out what is putting me off.