Most of last week was spent trying to find my missing 4x great grandparents, without much success, but at least I have armed myself with all the facts ready for a visit to the archives.
- Top priority is to get organised for a trip to the London Family History Centre this week, I have a good idea of where I need to look, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
- I still have to update my blogroll, I can’t believe I haven’t got around to doing it yet. If only I could export my RSS feeds from FeedDemon (or Google Reader). Perhaps I can? Need to look into that.
- I need to sort through my notes from this weekends visit to the Hampshire Record Office
- More work on my stuff to sort folder, still plenty of stuff to go through, but at least the folder is getting thinner.
Last week was an interesting week, some organising and some research, a trip to the East Sussex Record Office provided me with more material to organise and I am pleased to say that it was all input into the relevant spreadsheets and Family Historian in a timely manner.
- Top of the list is to get my blogroll updated, it has been too many weeks on my to do list.
- I need to continue working on my stuff to sort folder, the contents are getting less and less each week, but there is still too much left to sort out.
- I need to go through the last of my twelve 4x great grandparents and put together a plan to identify each of them.
- As well as the missing twelve 4x great grandparents, there are five 4x great grandmothers who have no maiden name yet, I need to put a plan together to find their maiden names as well.
I ended up doing more research than organising last week, I did make quite a dent in my stuff to sort folder and also added some more 4x great grandparents to my tree. There are a couple of key things to do this week, but most of it is the same old stuff which didn’t get done last week.
There is a very good chance that I will be going to the East Sussex Record Office this week, and although I have a rough research plan, I need to get some specific references organised.
Continue working through my stuff to sort folder, making sure I have all the data on my PC and then throw away the paper copy. It would be nice to finish this week as this task is start to drag on, but I think there is still too much work to be done.
I didn’t get my blogroll updated last week, I really must do it this week.
I don’t think there is much more I can do to identify any more of my 4x great grandparents without a visit to a couple of archives, so I need to look at putting together a plan for tracing those missing ancestors in October.
Most of my plans for last week went out of the window when Ancestry.co.uk updated their London Historical Records collection, and consequently I did get much of my filing done. I also couldn’t resist doing some research last week and added a couple of pair of 4x great grandparents to my family tree. So this week I need to get back to some organising and filing.
Continue working through my stuff to sort folder, making sure I have all the data on my PC and then throw away the paper copy. I really want to get the paper folders done so I can turn my attention to the digital files.
I want to put together a research plan for the GEERING family from Lewes, Sussex. I want something ready so that if I get the opportunity to head down to the East Sussex Record Office I can just grab it and go. This will mostly be making sure I have all my data on Family Historian and a list of parish records that I need to check.
All the information that I gathered down at the West Sussex Record Office on Saturday needs to be entered into Family Historian and onto my other record spreadsheets. Having almost cleared all my paper files I don’t want to start collecting them again.
I must update my blogroll this week, most of my blog reading is done via FeedDemon and the list on my blog no way reflects the feeds I have in FeedDemon.