Having spent many years look at the census it is finally my turn to fill one in. The 27th March 2011 is census day here in the UK and for the first time in my life I am going to be the head of household, although my wife might have something to say about that!
The census forms have returned, although I haven’t bothered to open the envelope yet, but I will be doing my bit on the 27th March. Of course this isn’t the first census I will be listed in (the first was 1981) and hopefully it won’t be the last just yet.
I shall do my best not to uphold the traditions of my ancestors, so I won’t be:
- Hiding somewhere else on census night
- Spelling my surname wrong
- Lying about my age
- Forgetting where I was born
- Mixing up my first and middle names
- Exaggerating what I do for a living