Let me start by saying thank you to Karen over at the Twigs to Roots blog for bestowing a Kreativ Blogger Award on me and my blog. It is great to have a new geneablogger with English ancestry, and more importantly with Sussex ancestry, so I am no longer alone blogging about my Sussex ancestors!
Apparently I have to pass this award on to seven other bloggers, which is not going to be easy. I never have been good at making decisions, so forgive me if I sit on the fence for a bit longer.
The other thing I am supposed to do is tell you seven things about me, preferably things that I haven’t told you about before. Whilst I am deciding who to give the award to (and never being one to stick to the rules!), I thought I would give you something to think about. So instead of seven facts about me I am going to give you eight, but only seven of them are true.
- I have only left England six times in my life.
- My favourite band is the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.
- In my final years at school I excelled in maths, but failed in history.
- I have not had a day off work sick for over seven years.
- My favourite food is a crispy bacon sandwich with tomato ketchup.
- I once owned a pair of fluorescent yellow socks.
- I can’t drive a car, but was once trained to drive a forklift truck.
- I have more books than I will probably ever have time to read.
So which one of these do you think is false? Can I lie convincing in a blog post? Let me know in the comments and I will give you the answer in a few days.